*** IMMEDIATE OPEN CALL FOR VISUAL/TEACHING ARTIST ***
SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAM, AUGUST 6 - SEPTEMBER 3, 2021
The Blue Bus Project (TBBP) seeks a visual teaching artist with experience working with youth (13-16 years old) required.
Selected artist will work with 1 artist assistant and 1 teen assistant.
Start date: Friday, August 6, 2021
Program runs 2 days a week/ 3-4 hours a day. Hours and days are flexible.
Artist consultant fee commensurate with experience.
Artist will lead a lecture on painting techniques and help participants in a hands-on workshop.
Project involves design* and painting of Eight (8) 4’X4’ birch wood panels and design* and painting of three (3) interior door and one (1) 6’X8’ panel
*Design will be developed with input and collaboration of youth participants.
All supplies and materials provided by The Blue Bus Project
Submission Deadline Aug 2nd, 2021 at Noon
Eligibility & Requirements
• All teaching artists age 21 and older are eligible to apply. TBBP does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation to the extent prohibited by law.
• Selected Teaching Artist will work with 1 Artist Assistant and 1 Teen Assistant.
• Group Total: 15 youth (13/16 years old)
• 2 days a week for 3-4 hours starting Aug 6th, 2021 throughout the month of August
• Work needs to be completed by September 2nd, 2021.
• Public Exhibition Event: September 3, 2021 Time TBD
• Contact Information ( Name, Last Name, Phone, Email, Website, Social Media)
• Short Bio and previous experience collaboration with youth a must/References upon request
• Up to 3 Work Samples composed of Images, text, audio, or video. Images should be in JPEG format no larger than 2MB.
SUBMIT to firstname.lastname@example.org include OPEN CALL- SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAM in the subject line.